Learning Materials Online (MDX)
Learning Materials Online (MDX) is a cooperative repository that contains digital materials and resources resulting from teaching activities carried out in member universities.
The purpose of MDX is to make the participant institutions’ teaching production more visible and widespread, thus contributing to educational innovation, on the one hand, and free access to knowledge, on the other.
Its aims are:
- Facilitate the management of teaching materials and objects produced by the universities by arranging them and integrating them within a common server.
- Offer the academic staff of the participating universities a resource server that allows the materials produced to be filed and subsequently retrieved.
- Provide users with permanent, simple and fast access to the teaching production of member organisations.
- Add value to the materials collected through elements such as the permanent address, standardised citations or consultation data.
- Establish and apply preservation mechanisms in order to ensure the durability of the materials.
- Encourage the publishing and editing of teaching materials in electronic formats.
The MDX repository works with the free software DSpace, a program created by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and the company Hewlett-Packard.
MDX uses the Open Archives Initiative (OAI) interoperability protocol, which increases the documents’ visibility since it is offered jointly with other international repositories.
MDX is a project of the participant universities, Consorci de Serveis Universitaris de Catalunya (CSUC), and counts with the support of the Generalitat de Catalunya.
For further information, you can contact mdxcsuc [dot] cat.